This handbook describes the theory and content of a tried and tested programme of age-banded education for children and young people with diabetes. It is a must for anyone involved in designing or delivering diabetes education for children and young people. Its pages are packed with practical information and ready-made resources and cover the whole age range, from as young as two years of age!
Theory is translated into practice in five sections covering different age groups. For each age group, there is an outline of the developmental stages and learning styles, followed by a complete programme with lesson plans and detailed descriptions of the activities. The emphasis is on group education, learning with peers, and inclusion of other family members such as siblings and parents.
This comprehensive and unique handbook also gives you ready-made resources that you can use again and again, along with a complete set of references.
Whether you’re designing a children’s educational programme from scratch or yours is in need of a freshen-up, this handbook is a must for ideas and inspiration – and makes practical, hands-on delivery easier and more enjoyable for all!
Latest from Successful Diabetes
- Webinar Recording and Resources now Available! Language Matters and Supporting Emotional Health
- NEW DATES! 3-Hour, Virtual Emotional Health Interactive Workshop Nov 24th, Dec 3rd: Limited Places
- Language Matters and Emotional Health: Free, live Webinar on 30th September!
- ONLINE WORKSHOP! Supporting and Assessing Emotional Health in Adults with Diabetes
- Supporting and Assessing Emotional Health in Adults with Diabetes - A One-Day Workshop